Sunday, May 03, 2009

I have a relatively new acquisition to my collection of way too many instruments- a ukulele. Why did I get it? Well, its not just because I stumbled across Julia Nunes videos on youtube. Well maybe it is. Shh...those videos are great. But in any case, I have a ukulele, and its harder than I thought it would be. Despite only having 4 strings, the way they're tuned is pretty strange. After 3 or 4 weeks I still only know like 6 chords. It's kinda frustrating.
In other news, Left for Dead is a pretty enjoyable game.
But I digress. My ukulele is pretty awesome, and I already wrote and recorded a song with it. It also has a name (thanks for the input Courtney) and Jenny joins Denzel, Freddie, Big Red, Clyde, and the Atomic Wonder-Set in the ranks of my named instruments. Look for more to come from the entertaining pairing of Jenny and myself as I continue to waste time songwriting instead of being productive.

Listening to:
Hall of Mirrors- The Distillers
First Impressions- Julia Nunes
Maybe I Will- Julia Nunes
Little Wild One- That Thing You Do Soundtrack

Reading:
White Teeth- Zadie Smith
Thank You For Smoking- Christopher Buckley
V for Vendetta- Alan Moore
Watchmen- Alan Moore

Watching:
South Park episodes
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Zack and Miri

Playing:
Red Alert 3:Uprising
Medieval II Total War

No comments: